Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The FSM of life

Whenever there is a state change in a Finite State Machine (FSM), there would be some associated processing that would happen, like say the execution of a procedure or in Winphoria jargon, a callback function.The FSM corresponding to my life (not sure whether the number of states here is finite) has just now encountered such a state change. But I am yet to grasp the magnitde of this state change and thus unaware of the processing required. The state change that I am talking about is the change of state from being a Software Engineer in Motorola(Winphoria) to being a Graduate Student at the University of Texas at Austin. But before this state change becomes fully functional, I have to go through a temporary state, a pseudo state. A state of being VETTI at home and the major activities associated with this state are eating stomuch full and sleeping overtime. This state has a remote resemblence with the purgatory between heaven and hell, very remote that there are more differences than similarities. But the thought just struck my mind - a temporary state. From this state, when I look back at my previous state in the FSM, I realise that quite a few things have happened (some great and some to be forgotten asap). On the other hand I am overflowing with zeal (not with logic though) to take on the next state in the FSM. But whilst I am spending my time being vetti in this pseudo state, I thought may be I should pen down some of my experiences in my previous state.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wherever I May Roam said...

It is Non-Deterministic for sure, and I guess may be the number of states is also finite, but drawn from an extremely big set (seemingly infinite), so big that we cannot possibly even imagine our next state. The inputs and the transition function is also well defined, but far out of reach of our limited perception.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:11:00 AM  
Blogger germinal dreamer said...

U haven't taken TOC, yet u talk as if u r ullman's younger sister..
dei dei adangu da..

control the zeal... US isn't as cozy and comforting as India... enjoy the freedom.. and the only rht thing u r doing is wat u have been doin.. eating Indian food as much as u can.. taking rest at home and meeting folks.. u will miss all the above once u reach this country..
BTW welcome to Bloggers Inc.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Wherever I May Roam said...

I am reminded of a famous saying da
"To be a successful cricketer, you must first act like one".
Probably that was wat i was doing..

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Theonlyone \m/ said...

vettiya irukalam athukunu ippadiya... anywyas good implementation of TOC.. seems to be one of your fav subjects.. good luck for ur MS

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home