Sunday, January 21, 2007

What does it take be a loser

When does a loser get to know that he is a loser indeed, or does he ever get to know that. I have been thinking about it and this is what I could find online. Didn't help my cause in any way.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
- Cite This Source los·er [loo-zer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
1.a person, team, nation, etc., that loses: The visiting team was the loser in the series.
2.Informal.
a.a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or, esp., a felony: a two-time loser.
b.a person who has failed at a particular activity: a loser at marriage.
c.someone or something that is marked by consistently or thoroughly bad quality, performance, etc.: Don't bother to see that film, it's a real loser.
3.Slang. a misfit, esp. someone who has never or seldom been successful at a job, personal relationship, etc.

There used to be a time when I was a child and like any other child I totally detested even the thought of losing. I could not accept defeat in even the most trivial of situations and would often end up in tears when I lost. But then came a time when I didnt mind a failure or two. Infact I needed an ocassional failure to keep me fired up and perform when it mattered the most. I used to enjoy those small and sometimes big failures becoz I was always confident that I can pull it off when it mattered the most. And when I got to know that IBM celebrates a "Day of Failures", I was totally excited about it. I beleived that failures teach you more about life than successes.

But now I find myself in a rather strange (and pretty annoying) situation where failures dont seem to bother me at all. They dont seem to spur me on as they used to earlier. I dont seem to get bogged down with them either. I dont understand where I am headed. Is this what it takes to be a real loser ???????

I am terribly confused. Please help me if you can.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ramchand Easwar said...

Rite now i think you are studying too much....and so ur conceptualisation of what winning is has changed. Just like me.....Ha ha as far as UT is concerned,I mite be called a loser....But it doesnt even bother me.....I wish it did so that i will start studying a bit :D

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:37:00 AM  
Blogger Wherever I May Roam said...

Exactly da...thats what i am hoping for...it should start bothering me enough that i do something useful

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

rightfully described think about edison machi. if he had thought he was loser then we dont have electricity !!

machi i have started penning down events of our himalayan trip !! contribute your ideas also .I could recall only conversations we had with in ourselves and I dont remember the names of the guides. i might leave one or two events !! i will finish writing the catalogue by the end of this week !!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:51:00 AM  
Blogger Vijay said...

ebba sekaru...padichadu porum ya. edhavadu figurea correct pannra vazhiya paru. ellam nadhakhum..

Friday, April 20, 2007 3:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home